Hi Ladies! Happy Saturday I hope you’ve all had a wonderful day!
I woke up super early, feeling kinda bleurgh…..I’ve had a stomach bug for the last couple of days and I feel kinda wiped out! None the less, I had a dance rehearsal to attend….I yawned my way through the whole thing but enjoyed it all the same
A few days ago THIS lovely lady awarded me this:
I love the whole idea of Operation Beautiful and the same goes for this great award. There are so many women who struggle with low self esteem on a daily basis and, without a doubt, these low confidence levels can creep into all parts of life. “Nothing I wear looks good”, “I look like an elephant”, “I’m not clever enough to study Medicine”, “My friends are all prettier than me”, “I can’t show him my body…he’ll go off me”, “I’m so boring”, “I’m not wearing that…it makes me feel fat”…..yes, low self-esteem can be crippling. I read all these wonderful blogs and the posts that bring a smile to my face the most, are those in which people come to the realisation that they possess some truly magnificent qualities….that’s right YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL
I know rules are made to be broken but I make an exception in this case
2. Write 3 things you like about your looks.
3. Write 3 things you appreciate about your personality.
4. Write about something you find beautiful in other people (looks, personality – whatever)
5. Award as many other people as you like and let them know!
1) Say cheese!
2) Errrrmmmm……..I like my hair. I didn’t used to but now I have openly embraced the long, frizz-bomb look . I like my eye-lashes because they’re pretty long and also because I inherited them from my dad. Ermmmm……oh my belly button. It’s an innie
3) I’m open-minded. You can pretty much tell me anything and I won’t think you’re weird! This definitely stems from my ED, during which I thought about things that I never though humanly possible. I’m a strong believer of “Each to their own”. Secondly, I’m caring. Sometimes I care too much but basically, I just want all my nearest and dearest to be ok and for my patients to receive the best possible treatment for them. Last of all…..I’m really not afraid of being silly! I can dance like a looney toon with the best of em! (Yep…..you’ve seen me in full action haven’t you Michelle!)
4) Most of you guys collectively epitomise, in my opinion, the greatest qualities in a person. You may be KIND and CARING like Carrie and Emma. You may be OPEN and HONEST as you share your stories, like Leelu ,Tessa and Megan. You may be COMPASSIONATE like Katie, who used her blogger status to aid Japanese people in their time of need. In fact girls…..I can’t think of any one of you regular readers who don’t possess most of these amazing qualities. You’re all great!
And now….I’m gonna pass this wonderful award on to the following peeps: Michelle, Carrie, Emma, Julie, Leelu, Tessa, Mariah, Jemma, Katie, Heathy, Lori and Michelle, Olivia, Hannah, Felicia, Alexandra, Grace, Sophia, Lily, Sable, Megan, Lauren, Lauren number 2!, Lenna, Eleah, Kaila, Kat
CHALLENGE!!!! Write an Operation Beautiful note and leave it somewhere where someone will find it…..post it on your blog and let me know!